Warren activist posts video, claims his ex-fabricated story – Macomb Daily

A live Facebook video posted early Wednesday morning by Warren activist Jerry T. Bell disputes information Macomb County Commissioner Michelle Nard reported to Warren and Clinton Township police on Monday, alleging he had threatened her and stole her car.

Bell describes his relationship with Nard in the 43-minute video and says he wants to make sure his side of the story is out.

Warren police have been looking for Bell since December 28 in connection with Nard’s allegations and executed a search warrant at his Ready Avenue home in Warren on Tuesday afternoon. Bell wasn’t there, but Nard’s vehicle was parked in the driveway.

Bell contacted Warren Police Commissioner William Dwyer on Wednesday evening and again Thursday morning and said if an arrest warrant was issued against his arrest he would surrender. No warrant had been issued Thursday at 5 p.m.

Nard’s mother died in Flint on Sunday and Bell said Nard asked her to drive her to various stores on Monday so she could buy clothes for the funeral and do other errands, including picking up medicine for her – even at the pharmacy.

“I was trying to support her for a time when I thought she needed it,” Bell said. “She just lost her mother and I knew she was very upset by the loss.”

He said everything seemed to be going well until they made their final stop at the Gratiot Avenue shoe store.

“I didn’t feel like she was in distress,” Bell said. “We got to our last store and she got out of the car with me, walked into the store and suddenly ran behind the counter and told the store clerk to call the police. Suddenly she said I had pulled a knife at her. Wow. Why should I do it? “

Bell said he asked Nard what she wanted and if she needed the money and that she told him she didn’t want to get in his car with him. Bell said he then exited the store, got into his vehicle and drove to his residence. He left the car in its driveway with the keys under the steering wheel and texted Nard to let her know where it was, he said.

“Michelle claimed to love me so much, but if I didn’t do what Michelle wanted me to do, she threatened to call the judge and have me locked up,” Bell said. “If I put my things away to leave, if we had a disagreement and I wanted to go out, she would threaten to call the cops and press charges against me and have me locked up.” This is what happened two days ago. This is what happened in September.

Warren activist Jerry T. Bell is currently on probation due to previous charges against him by his former fiancee Michelle Nard.Photo courtesy of Warren Police

Bell said that on the morning of December 27, he removed several of his personal items from Nard’s house and returned them to his residence and expressed his desire that they remain separated indefinitely.

Bell is currently on probation after pleading guilty in 37th District Court to misdemeanor charges of stalking and domestic violence on November 12 in an incident involving Nard that took place in September. Originally, Bell was charged with the misdemeanor of domestic violence and six counts of felony, including kidnapping and felony in that case, but Nard called for all felony charges to be dropped. . Bell signed a plea agreement that required him to complete 52 weeks of abuser intervention counseling and be on probation for five years.

A contactless control is currently in place between Bell and Nard. Nard had asked during the hearing on November 12 that he be lifted, but Judge Michael Chupa ruled he must remain in place until Bell has completed 12 counseling sessions and has shown proof of the completion in court.

Bell and Nard have had an ongoing relationship since May 2021. Bell introduced Nard as his fiancee at a Warren city council meeting earlier this year and said in the Facebook video that he gave her an engagement ring $ 2,600 earlier this month and that a wedding on April 8, 2022 was scheduled.

“We loved each other,” Bell said. “I loved her and I thought she loved me. We were a couple moving forward and expecting to get married on April 8th. “

Nard admitted that she accepted Bell’s proposal and the ring, but said she had no plans to marry him. She said she accepted the offer to “keep him motivated” to attend classes and probation sessions.

Although the couple were not to have any contact until Bell had completed the required number of counseling sessions, Bell said Nard actually picked him up from Macomb County Jail the night he was released. and that they had been together for almost two days since November. 12.

Nard confirmed that she brought Bell home the night of her release from prison and that he and her 8-year-old daughter spent Christmas Day with her and some of her family at his residence on Hudson Avenue . But she denies that Bell has been living in his Hudson home in recent weeks, as he described it.

Bell said he has helped paint and do other renovations to the house over the past few months and the couple have purchased furniture together for the house, including a refrigerator and television.

“She has a house, I have a house, and she bought the house next to her original house, where we live,” Bell said. “We were working on this house. Michelle doesn’t want you to know that. She acts like she hasn’t done anything wrong and like we never spend time together, which we did.

Nard said on Wednesday she did not regret asking for the felony charges from the September incident to be dropped.

“The incident is still under investigation,” Dwyer said. “We are interviewing people and the detectives continue to gather information. “

Comments are closed.