Retiree ‘loses everything’ after stray Bonfire Night fireworks cremate her home in Liverpool

0

75-year-old retiree “loses it all” after stray fireworks land in her backyard and set rattan furniture on fire before spreading to her ground floor

  • Pauline Perry, 75, saw her home – in Norris Green, Liverpool – burned down
  • The fire in the garden caused the patio door to “slam” and the fire entered below.
  • Merseyside Fire and Rescue confirmed the incident was not a targeted attack
  • Neighbor says “there is no justice” and calls for fireworks sales to be banned










A retiree “lost everything” following a fire in her house caused by stray fireworks on Bonfire Night.

Pauline Perry, 75, didn’t notice until too late that fireworks had set her rattan patio furniture on fire outside her home in Norris Green, Liverpool.

Hell raged so close to Pauline’s house that he “blew up” the patio door.

As the retiree hurriedly tried to push the patio furniture away from the house, flames leapt into her living room through the open door and began relentlessly tearing apart the ground floor of her property, reports Liverpool Echo .

The fire at the Norris Green, Liverpool property was caused by stray fireworks that lit patio furniture before consuming the interior of the house

Owner Pauline Perry, 75, had recently lost her partner after being hospitalized with sepsis in September.

Owner Pauline Perry, 75, had recently lost her partner after being hospitalized with sepsis in September.

Four fire trucks were dispatched to the property around 7:30 p.m. on November 5.

Pauline, who a neighbor says is “in bad shape”, lost her partner in September after being admitted to hospital with sepsis.

“She had just rehabilitated after her husband died and then made it happen – there just isn’t justice,” said Steve Finlay, Pauline’s neighbor.

Steve, 68, said: “I know Pauline already has the same point of view as I do when it comes to fireworks and is that we shouldn’t be selling them anymore.”

“Only organized displays should be allowed and there should be a halt to the sale of fireworks to households. This is not acceptable, ”continued Steve.

Steve, who took Pauline home, said the 75-year-old didn’t immediately spot the fire growing on her patio because her curtains were closed.

Pauline is originally from Wolverhampton in the West Midlands but moved to Liverpool with her late husband around six years ago.

A GoFundMe page has been created to help Pauline “get back on her feet”.

Alistair Smith, a resident of a nearby street who set up GoFundMe, said: “Pauline is fine but just in bad shape.

“We hope to raise money in the community just for her through it all – every little bit counts.”

The patio furniture fire caused the living room door to open and the fire surged inside, tearing up the ground floor of his property

The patio furniture fire caused the living room door to “open” and the fire surged inside, tearing up the ground floor of her property.

A GoFundMe page has been set up to help get Pauline back on her feet after her home was cremated by a stray Bonfire Night fireworks display

A GoFundMe page has been set up to help get Pauline back on her feet after her home was cremated by a stray Bonfire Night fireworks display

Merseyside Fire and Rescue confirmed the blaze was not a targeted attack

Merseyside Fire and Rescue confirmed the blaze was not a targeted attack

A spokesperson for Merseyside Fire and Rescue said stray fireworks were the source of the incident and it was not a targeted attack.

They said: “The firefighters arrived to find the ground floor of a well-lit, two-story detached property and engaged 2 teams of two firefighters, each with a hose reel jet, one firefighting team, the other looking for occupants in the house.

“An occupant was off the property when the crews arrived and an ambulance was requested for precautionary checks.

Pauline's house was barricaded following fire damage and she has to live temporarily with her neighbor

Pauline’s house was barricaded following fire damage and she has to live temporarily with her neighbor

“The fire was under control at 7:44 pm and the teams continued to search the building before the firefighting ceased at 8:04 pm. The teams continued to calm down and remained on site until 9:48 p.m.

“An investigation revealed that the fire was caused by stray fireworks setting fire to patio furniture which then spread to the property.”


Source link

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.