JCDecaux finalizes the acquisition of Clear Media Limited
JCDecaux ends the private take of Limited clear media as part of a consortium of investors
Paris, September 28e, 2021 – JCDecaux SA (Euronext Paris: DEC), world number one in outdoor advertising, announces that a consortium of investors of which it is a part is, through the ad hoc structure (âOfferorâ) held for approximately 89% by the Consortium and approximately 11% by Aimia Inc. (Toronto Stock Exchange: AIM), completed the acquisition of all remaining shares of Clear Media Limited (âClear Mediaâ) on September 27, 2021. Accordingly, Clear Media is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Offeror and the listing of Clear Media’s shares on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange has been withdrawn.
This transaction represents an important step in JCDecaux’s strategy to increase its presence in one of its key markets, China, in particular in its Street Furniture segment with high growth potential, in particular thanks to the acceleration of its digitization. .
The consortium includes Mr. Han Zi Jing, Managing Director of Clear Media (âMr. Hanâ) at 40%, Antfin (Hong Kong) Holding Limited (âAntfinâ) at 30%, JCDecaux Innovate (100% subsidiary of JCDecaux SA) at 23% and China Wealth Growth Fund III LP (âCWG Fundâ) at 7%.
Clear Media is the largest bus shelter billboard operator in the People’s Republic of China (âPRCâ), operating a total of more than 61,000 billboards covering 24 cities as of June 30, 2021.
JCDecaux started operating in Hong Kong in 1999, Macao in 2001 and mainland China in 2005, and is the leading outdoor advertising company in transport (airports, metro and bus) advertising in the PRC.
Mr. Han Zi Jing is currently CEO and Executive Director of Clear Media.
Antfin is a Hong Kong incorporated limited liability company and an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Ant Group Co., Ltd.
CWG Fund is an exempt limited partnership registered under the laws of the Cayman Islands, whose general partner is JT China Wealth Management Limited and whose sole limited partner is Empyrean Management (Hong Kong) Limited, which in turn is 100% owned by JIC Capital Management (Tianjin) Limited, a public enterprise of the PRC, and is mainly engaged in private equity investments.
Goldman Sachs and Slaughter and May act as financial and legal advisers to JCDecaux, respectively.
Key figures of JCDecaux
- 2020 revenue: â¬ 2,312m – H1 2021 revenue: â¬ 1,082.3m
- Present in 3,670 towns with more than 10,000 inhabitants
- A daily audience of more than 840 million people in more than 80 countries
- 10,230 employees
- Leader in self-service bicycle rental: pioneer of eco-responsible mobility
- 1st Out of Home Media company to join RE100 (committed to 100% renewable energies)
- JCDecaux is listed on Eurolist Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 and Euronext Family Business indices
- JCDecaux is recognized for its extra-financial performance in the FTSE4Good (4.6 / 5) and CDP (A Leadership) rankings and obtained the MSCI AAA score for the 4th consecutive year
- 964,760 billboards worldwide
- N Â° 1 worldwide in street furniture (489,500 advertising panels)
- N Â° 1 worldwide in transport advertising with 156 airports and 249 contracts in subways, buses, the trains and trams (329,790 advertising panels)
- N Â° 1 in Europe for billboards (129,970 billboards)
- N Â° 1 in outdoor advertising in Europe (615,530 advertising panels)
- N Â° 1 in outdoor advertising in Asia-Pacific (216,590 billboards)
- N Â° 1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (66,120 billboards)
- N Â° 1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (22,500 billboards)
- N Â° 1 in outdoor advertising in the Middle East (15,350 billboards)
For more information on JCDecaux, visit jcdecaux.com.
Join us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Communication department: Albert AssÃ©raf
+33 (0) 1 30 79 35 68 – [email protected]
Investor Relations: Remi Grisard
+33 (0) 1 30 79 79 93 – [email protected]
28-09-2021 # Clear Media_UK