Freelance industrial furniture designer – project based
An opportunity is available to work on a new range of furniture on a project basis.
I am looking for a freelance, professional, friendly and motivated industrial designer with great taste and a particular interest in the furniture and household goods industry.
If you like Josef Frank, Carlo Scarpa and Pierre Paulin, I’m looking for you.
You will help bring my designs to life for manufacturing. The project is based in Sydney, but you will have the option to work remotely if required. The initial project will be a design (remunerated at a flat rate) with potential for collaboration on works in progress. The work requires the development of the design (from the concept provided), ensuring the integrity of the design throughout the process.
– Positive, creative and collaborative attitude.
– Experience in a product design or graphic design or industrial design environment
– A degree in product design/industrial design or graphic design.
– Proven development of a unique, distinctive and iconic product design aesthetic
– Creative conceptual approach to the design process.
– High and methodical attention to detail.
– Ability to follow strict safety standards and analyze, report and integrate innovative domestic and international market trends into commercially viable and brand driven products.
– Understand manufacturing processes and know a wide range of materials and their characteristics (including soft and hard products).
Duties and Responsibilities
Work alongside me to conceptualize, design and develop products through to production. Prepare artwork for technical specification packs/production sheets – creating scale designs, models, colorways, material references/samples for accurate sampling and production.
Create all original artwork from start to finish using the Adobe Creative Suite + 3D CAD program.
Must sign an NDA before commencing work.
Above all, I would like it to be a highly creative, positive and collaborative experience for the right person.